Tissue 101: Properties and Processes Course
Destin Room at Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center
Monday, September 30, 2019 to Tuesday, October 01, 2019
Whether you’re new to the Tissue industry or a seasoned professional, including engineers, sales staff or management, TAPPI’s Tissue 101 is the perfect introduction or refresher course. It is structured to provide participants with a solid understanding of tissue properties and how they are impacted by manufacturing processes, helping them to effectively achieve production goals and objectives.
The added bonus? This foundational course is the building block for much of the featured technologies and innovative tissue concepts that will be showcased at TissueCon 2019 which directly follows the course. Learn more about the course below, and more about TissueCon 2019 here.
- Introduction to tissue business and products
- Web-fiber networks and physical properties test methods
- Fibers and furnishes, stock preparation and control
- Wet-end chemistry and control
- Forming, water removal and drying processes
- Pressing fabrics, creping
- Dry-end processes and chemical additives
- Sheet and roll handling, and converting
Basic raw materials and physical property relationships are discussed to develop an appreciation of the trade-offs when designing a tissue product for a specific application. Each major step of the tissue-making process is reviewed to describe key engineering relationships and their effect on final tissue product properties.
What You Will Learn:
- Basics of tissue sheet structure and properties, and how the manufacturing process affects performance and design.
- The effect of fiber raw materials on tissue structure and properties, and how to select and apply them to achieve product goals.
- The functions of chemicals in tissue manufacture and how to apply them to increase machine/product performance.
- How each tissue machine process creates/effects tissue structure and properties.
- The most important variables controlling product quality/variability.
|Professional Development Credits
You can earn 15 professional development hours or 1.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for completion of this course. TAPPI's Professional Development department has been accredited as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
|TAPPI Members receive discounted rates for this course.
If you're not a member yet, join us!
|Earn the Professional Certificate
TAPPI offers a Professional Certificate for Tissue 101: Properties and Processes. Completion of the Professional Certificate demonstrates your competency in understanding tissue manufacturing processes and methods to improve tissue performance and manufacturing efficiency.